Clydach ironworks and tramroad
Clydach Ironworks walk
- Park at Clydach village hall, from the entrance to the car park, take the path to the right down the former tramroad incline to reach the ruins of Clydach Ironworks
- Cross the River Clydach via the historic cast-iron Smart's Bridge and follow the track, keeping right until you reach the road.
- Turn right and follow the road uphill for over 350m until you reach a public footpath on the left beside of Troed Rhiw House.
- Follow the path, cross a footbridge and ascend to a viewing point over the Dyar-fach. Continue to the old viaduct over Nant Dyar. Turn right along the cycleway past the former clydach station to a steep road
- Cross the road and follow the waymarked route of National Cycle network 46, passing the western entrances to the Clydach Tunnels, until you reach a panel interpreting the view into Llanelly Quarry. Shortly afterwards, turn sharp right down a road and then shortly left down a former tramway incline through the beechwoods signed to Dan y Coed. Follow a path behind the houses with the river down to your left to reach the head of a short cul-de-sac road. Follow it and turn left along another road to reach the entrance to the car park after 220m.